Description: NexTech Solutions (NTS) is actively seeking a professional and talented Financial Controller with Government contracting and accounting experience. The Controller will be in charge of managing the overall financial health of the NTS Group of companies, as well as managing the administrative functions, including: Finance, Accounting, and Payroll and will ensure reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Candidate should be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with at least 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in Accounting and Finance. Government contracting/DCAA experience is HIGHLY SOUGHT and experience with QuickBooks Enterprise and Project Costing is preferred. Duties include (but not limited to) overseeing data entry accountants, producing critical financial reports, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, financial prospectuses, financial performance prediction reports, compliance audits, monitoring internal controls, participating in the budgeting process and analyzing financial data. Successful candidates must be able to prioritize and manage multiple duties and tasks with frequent interruptions, and meet strict deadlines. This unique position requires an individual with an eye for detail and an ability to excel in a fast paced, sensitive secure environment.
• Provide leadership over the general accounting, disbursements (accounts payable, travel and expenses, and payroll), billing and collection of receivables, and controls. Manage the financial aspect of commissions, payroll and benefits.
• Ensure timely and accurate financial closing and reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual basis). Assist with coordination of tax filings and annual audits. Ensure compliance with both US GAAP standards and Government Contracting DCAA requirements.
• Submit and explain complex financial concepts to executives and people without a financial background.
• Establish and maintain internal controls to support the financial infrastructure (compliance with professional, state and federal regulatory req.)
• Assist with preparation and maintenance of annual budget and update and sensitize as required, including long-term forecasting.
• Develop and enhance documentation on internal control policies and procedures related to financial operations.
• Manage and administer general ledger chart of accounts and controls within Quickbooks Enterprise platform. Enhance reporting and data exchange between entities to achieve global reporting system. Work closely with HR Dept to ensure execution of payroll/expense reporting.
• Build/maintain relationships with banks, auditors, distributors, and various other vendors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Supervisory Responsibility: may manage sub-contractors or junior accountants
• Must be a United States citizen and possess the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance with the US Government
• Government contracting/DCAA/Project Based Accounting experience needed – candidate must demonstrate trustworthiness/responsible behavior
• Good grasp of financial reporting, as well as high-level mathematical and problem-solving skills. Self-motivated and directed.
• Licensed as a certified public accountant, certified financial manager, or certified management accountant.
• Effective communicator; detailed, team player with experience in handling sensitive and confidential business matters with discretion.
• High proficiency in Microsoft excel, experience with CONCUR expense reporting system, UNANET, and Quickbooks Enterprise platform is desired