This week’s team spotlight is on our Sales Operations team. Get to know this team on a more personal level and all the great things they do to make NTS so successful!
Tell us about your team, what does the NTS Sales Operations team do?
Our Sales Operations team is constructed a bit differently from others, as a lot of what we do would traditionally be handled by a discrete Accounting staff. This actually gives us an edge over other Sales Ops departments, as we have full depth of knowledge of each relationship and any corresponding contract(s). Our team is the operations arm of the quote to cash process. From Reps & Certs, to purchase order processing, to collections. We are a one-stop shop for our Sales team regarding any financial or compliance-related support they require. We’re there to back the Sales staff through every step, from “quote-to-cash. We do it all!
What value does the NTS Sales Operations team hold?
Each member on this team has a unique operations background bringing expertise to our department in a multitude of areas, making every person a true asset to our team. We’re focused on optimizing the sales organization’s productivity, solving complex challenges, and capitalizing on revenue opportunities. We pride ourselves on being responsive and ethical in all of our day-to-day interactions.
What’s the best part about being on the NTS Sales Operations team?
Each day is an opportunity to learn something new. Things are rapidly changing in our industry day-to-day, giving endless opportunities to do things differently. This team isn’t afraid to pursue their innovative ideas towards all operations functions. Having such a supportive and creative team makes growth and development that much easier.
If you could describe the NTS Sales Operations team in one word, what would it be and why?
The first word that comes to mind is Flexible. We don’t work standard business hours. The nature of our work requires that we pivot hourly to accommodate the needs of sales, customers and our partners. Flexibility paired with exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit is the recipe to success for this team and there’s no hiding that!
Our Sales Operations team doesn’t just crunch numbers, they’re an essential arm of the business that supports growing our company greater than we could have ever imagined. Here are just a few of the many responsibilities our Sales Operations team is in charge of:
• Marketing Operations
• Vendor Management: Ensuring price quotes are accurate and contain up-to-date information from vendors, overseeing compliance with partner agreements, managing orders so as to ensure delivery times are met and that terms are favorable to NTS’ cash flow needs.
• Accounts Payable/Receivable: Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of purchases and collections
• Credit Analysis: We do financial and regulatory due diligence on non-govt customers who buy from NTS as part of our credit and risk reduction program
• Contracts Review/Compliance: Once orders are received, we review them for accuracy and adherence to regulatory compliance guidelines, then we execute the contract with the customer, and proceed to process, store, and update the NTS accounting system.
• Monthly Contract Reporting for GSA and SEWP
• And finally, everyone’s favorite! Expense Reimbursement: We run the expense reimbursement system (Concur) and ensure requests meet required guidelines before passing them on to supervisors for approval.